Thursday, October 23, 2014

Recess Time


Nothing Like a Little Recess Fun




























Just last week some students came up to me requesting I play with them at recess. Not being dressed appropriately and feeling a little guilty about it, the next time I had recess duty I guaranteed I'd be ready.  





I came in to school with shorts, sneakers, and a t-shirt ready to learn this new spinning, jump rope, hula-hoop jumping game.  (And speed game!) I am not sure I was physically prepared for both the speed and effort involved in keeping up with these 10 year old girls.





Apparently, one child stands in the middle holding the handle of a looped jump rope with a hula hoop to swing around in a circle. The child in the middle spins the rope around at the desired speed of the children around the outside who then jump over the hula hoop as it gets to them.  










So I made my playground debut and held my own. I even successfully navigated their most expertise fast level. However, I will admit to being a little weary in the end. Thanks for the laughs girls!

























No comments:

Post a Comment