Saturday, September 21, 2013

Welcome to 103

Dear Parents,



Welcome to 103!  What a wonderful and exciting year we have ahead of us.  We have introduced 1 to 1 iPad use in the fifth grade and we are eager to get started with apps designed for creating products that demonstrate knowledge of fifth grade content.  The new math standards have brought us a math program designed for students to practice taught skills but also problem solve.  Language arts has delivered a writing program that has structure to encourage writing within other content areas and a grammar program that is kid friendly and grade level appropriate.

However, all of these changes are being met by an established fifth grade team that works and plans together to give your children the best we can to succeed both academically and socially.  Your child may see up to four classroom teachers a day, which means that there are four teachers able to meet your child's needs.  This may mean extending thinking, clarifying confusion or simply being someone to talk to.

I use a couple of platforms for working with students and parents.  Students will be working from my wiki where they can create an online dictionary; parents are free to look at this with their children.  Parents can look at this blog for posts and updates to inform what is going on in the class or within the fifth grade. Please look at this blog with your child and see what they have to add.  I love the implementation of Google docs and use them with my class often.  They will take their first classroom click and drag test this year after learning about the ancient civilizations of the Aztecs, the Incas and the Mayas.

I look forward to sharing my year with you and your children.  Please feel free to contact me with questions, concerns or simply to reach out and say hello.  I am easy to get a hold of through email at klynch@bpsk12.org or you can call me at 781-238-6844.  I check my email often but if something is more time sensitive you can call me.

Kim Lynch

1 comment:

  1. Shannon goes to the grocery store for 2.34 hours. She goes 3 days a week. She buys 12 things everyday. How many hours a week does Shannon go to the grocery store? Shannon

    ReplyDelete